Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Daughter

Oh my. My, my, my. My daughter. Wow. Okay, when she was, oh, maybe 9 mos., her pediatrian WARNED me. Yes, that's right. In a very nice way. "Your daughter is passionate. It's GOOD (yeah, okay, right), she's very intelligent and knows exactly what she likes and doesn't like. When she's upset, woah, she will not hide it, and when she's happy, she'll be so filled with glee, it'll be hysterical. It's good, but she'll make you work!" Had she not been obviously "passionate," she'd have been "passive," which would've worked too. Hey. Anyway, so, when she's bad, she is very, very bad, and when she is good, she's an angel. An example? Okay! She GROWLS, "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR," if I so much as smile at another child. I've been apologizing to folks lately, saying, "I'm sorry. My little girl is jealous!" Now, Wendy still growls, but it's more specific: Me: "Wendy, this little girl looks your age! Hi there! What's your name?" Wendy: "GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR..JEALOUS!" She now grows and says "jealous" together to the poor child. Aaaahhh...what to do. HOWEVER, oh my goodness, is she SWEET when she is sweet! I am teaching her The Lord's Prayer, and she LOVES it, and holds her little sweet hands together, and, after I say, "Amen." and she says "Amen." too, she requests, "Daily Bread Song. AGAIN!" So, to her, it's the "daily bread song." Awwwww.....Isn't that SWEET?!?!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Maggie growled too! Soul cousins.

There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead
and when she was good
she was very very good
and when she was bad
she was HORRID