Saturday, July 05, 2008

"I'm proud to be an American!!!"


We had a very full and fun 4th of July, although I did feel a bit blue, (not red, white and blue), because we were not able to join family in Texas for the holiday. I miss my Aunt Karen's American flag cake with blueberries. Anyhoo, we started out our day with a neighborhood parade to the park for free hot dogs, chips, cookies, pop, inflated jumping house, etc. We visited with neighbors Julie, her boys, Colleen, Troy and their kiddos, etc. Wendy got a big kick out of it. Then we went to Vancouver Park for festivities and live music. Finally a neighborhood association-paid-for par-tay and lastly, a block party. Ah, fun but tiring for this pregnant mom of a 2-year-old.



1 comment:

Duelm Family said...

Looks like yall had a fun day! I am so glad yall have a great area to live in- especially if you cant be around family!