Sunday, November 23, 2014

Catching Up---Pics!

First, some PRAISES!  These blessings are foremost on my mind, y'all, because when God chooses to deliver us from things that are painful, it's just such a mercy.  First, I had some dental work done not long ago, and boy howdy, my teeth (underneath, it seemed) and jaw joints truly, truly hurt me for a long time following.  So much so that I returned to the dentist twice to get it checked out.  He thought maybe a tooth was cracked under the wedge of material involved in the restoration.  I mean, I tell ya, that was not a pleasant thought--next would be a more involved fix.  And I could not tell him WHICH tooth it was as my pain was all over!  Tylenol worked but would wear off, you know.  I waited and waited ---and prayed.  Now, it's been a nice long while with nada pain, and I'm over it, and I'm thankful for God's mercy. 
Second item was my high blood pressure.  It was super high after having Alice and my kidney stone surgery.  They'd ruled out renal hypertension and all that was left was the forced acceptance that this might be the new me.  Apparently, some women develop sudden onset hypertension after giving birth and never do get off the med.  I have been on Labetalol and have also been working hard to lose weight through eating clean and working out.  I have lost 10 lbs give or take.  With breastfeeding, I think it was harder to lose.  Anyway, I decided to stop taking the med to see if I still needed it, checking my bp with my home cuff.  I did see some highs but a LOT of lower numbers, too.  When I'd see a high combo, I'd sigh and take a pill.  But then one day, I noticed the fluctuation was wild.  I went to HEB to ask the pharmacist, since that's where my monitor came from, and while there, I checked it using their machine three times.  First reading was high but next two, after shopping, were considerably lower.  Anyway, pharmacist said swings are normal and due to lots of factors, but a first-thing in the am reading is a fair idea of what's going on.  Well, my am readings have been perfect!  And what's more, I'm seeing great bp throughout my days lately with NO highs in a while!  And this, OFF the med!  I think God may have delivered me from the bp now, and I'm so thankful!!!
Oh!  And James became a deacon officially this morning at church.  For that opportunity to serve, I am also thankful. 
 Chloe is one of my most cherished friends, and her daughter, one of Wendy's!  Here you can see that Alice is quite into her hair!
 Both James' and my parents came for the Renaissance Festival and even though it rained, we all still had a great time!
 After this first visit, Wendy had a field trip back!  I don't have pics from her school experience there, but she said she enjoyed it!  And then, below, James took me (and Alice, as she's breastfed) for my birthday!  This time, I got my first ever, very own costume!  It was special as I borrowed Aunt Karen's costume on the occasion of James' and my FIRST meeting--at the Renaissance Festival! 
 The art that I created in celebration of Fall holidays!  Featuring none other than the Tanneberger "triplets!"
 Halloween Night!

 Ummm...do not ask me what I was.  I don't know.  I was a mess of eyeliner, a spooky fascinator and some odd 80's style work out attire.  Why?!
 And at around the same time, Wendy dressed up as The Little Mermaid for her school's Book Character Day!
 Below, Reformation Night at our church.
 I talked Wendy into holding Jason's pet!!!
 Below are some portraits I've taken recently...




 And last but not least!  Nicole, Mary, Julie and I enjoyed our reunion in Fredericksburg!  Nicole got us two nights at Enchanted Porch and boy, was it nice!  I brought along Ally Boo and Julie brought along her much newer Scarlett. 



No comments: