Sunday, February 18, 2007

Our Valentine's --Did we have two?



Feb. 14th --This year's Valentine's Day was kinda funny. I decided to surprise James with a visit to his work! So, I showered, bathed Wendy, got us both all dolled up, picked out some potted flowers at Albertson's, drove in to Portland, and called outside his security sealed door! It was lunchtime, so I hoped to cross over to the mall. His building connects to Lloyd Center Mall! Little did I know that HE was fixin' to leave for home to surprise ME! Well, he was not feeling well that morning, so he was gonna go on home to take it easy and the bonus was that he'd get to spend more time with his girls. It was a little uncomfortable to be there all chipper and meet his new boss, having just found out James was wrapping things up to come home "sick." Eeeeeee. Well, he wasn't 100% but felt better as we headed up to Multnomah Waterfall for lunch at the lodge. I had salmon that was to die for. Later that night, we took Wendy with us to Arawan Thai restaurant--We split our favorite dish, knawed on salad rolls, and downed a couple Long Island Iced Teas, which Arawan bar tenders make rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyy well! It was a dynomite Valentine's! Then, Friday night, James surprised me AGAIN with a "mystery date." I was instructed to dress for a date, drive myself to Gustav's German Restaurant, take a seat at the bar, order a drink, and wait for my date. Wendy would be taken care of. I hollered to James from upstairs that I was leaving, he averted his eyes, and then once there, I waited a few minutes until he and his sidekick, Wendy, showed up to join us! I'd been talking on the cell with my mom until he appeared. We moved to a booth and shared fondu. It was like a second Valentine's Day! I guess he still loves me! Tee hee.

No comments: