Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fun at OMSI and Kids' Club!


My darling Woo Loo has surprised me lately with some new things. She wakes me every night and early morning, several times, screaming "I want my blanket back on!" I groggily fix it, she thanks me, and we sleep again until she needs me to wait on her again! Well, the other night, at 4, I went in to fix it and for some reason, guess cuz I was tired, I said, "thank you," and she said, "you're welcome!" It was WEIRD to exchange those pleasantries at 4 a.m. Now I put her into warmer pjs and under a larger blanket, and I sleep with a fan. I still go in to her in the morning though. I am looking forward to moving her into her big girl room (in progress now actually!) and into her big bed with blanket tucked into sides of mattress (but first I must make sure that's not some sort of hazard! Anyone know?) She says a bunch of other really funny things lately too like, "Oh Mommy, It's raining. It's scary. I'm not afraid of it. It's just a movie." And she can sing all of "Miss Polly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick......." She will not do it for anyone though! FRUSTRATING! She put her Strawberry Shortcake glasses on me last night and said, "You look so pretty Mommy!" She's sure to tell me when I burp. I have since tried very hard not to. She confuses doctor's office with post office and gets excited about the post office, but not so much, the doc's office. She is a symmetrical kind of gal. If she gets a band aid (not for an owie, mind you, but as an accessory), she must have one for the other hand as well. I have gotten quite upset with her lately for shouting "MINE!" at kids at play places, and have put her in time out, and right now, she's having fun shouting "MINE!" at nobody. She's defiant, so we're doing our best to "nip it in the bud." I have to mean it when I threaten to go home, and that's rough, but it's better to lose money for admission than a child's character.





No comments: