Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A Little This, A Little That ~

Well, I had planned on taking the kids to church this morning for Mom's Bible Study, however, James called from work and asked us to stay put as the streets are icing over. Drat. So, as Wendy applies her stickers to her treat bags for her Valentine's party at school tomorrow (assuming we can go!), and Linc sleeps in (I got up with him at 5 to give him Tylenol, a diaper change and a "baba"), I thought I'd blog some pics. This one below is one day that my mom came to visit, and you can see that Linc is huge! My mom is in her 60's, I'm in my 30's, Linc is only one little year old, and yet he's gaining size and weight at such a rapid pace, he'll be dwarfing us in no time. He's gotten even more humongous since then. Last night, at church, a friend held him for a second and was astonished! She said, "He's dense!" True. He's a compact and solid brick a' luv....
The other night....The Shining came to my brother, Walker's, mind!
Wendy likes to pretend to be sleeping, or sick. We're trying to discourage this fantasy as she is obsessed with having her temperature taken with my temple-reader gadget and might be prone to hypochondria if she is anything like her mama, as a youth, or uncle. And I don't want her to be sent home from school for a fake illness or because she's carrying on so. Still, I thought she looked rather sweet in these pics...
"Oh dear. I do believe I am faint of heart. And my throat hurts and is scratchy. I think some icecream in a bowl with whipped cream and sprinkles would make we well-er." That is not made up.

1 comment:

KatieLee Photography said...

You look FANTASTIC in that first picture!