Monday, March 14, 2011

Cherish the Moments ~

How many of you in your 30's can recall a perfect day out of the life of your childhood? A special morning with someone who spoiled you, an afternoon with fun maximized, an evening with cozy cuddling, story time and warm milk. I have several such memories that I keep tucked in my heart, and now, as a grown woman, I am elated that God allows me to re-live childhood, in all of its sheer joy and carefree energy, through my own little girl. I know that there is no such thing as a perfect life as this world, and all of us, are fallen due to original sin. And I know that no person grows into adulthood without at least a few "scars," but I hope to capture the nearly perfectly sublime moments for my children with my little camera--so that when they see these pics, the warmth of the sun, the sound of surrounding laughter, and the sweet taste of treats, will, in an instant, come right back to them. The birthday party of one of Wendy's friends was one such afternoon. The day sparkled, the wind was strong and steady, kites were provided, and they glided effortlessly high above the tiny hands that guided them. I recognized this day was blessed---for the birthday girl, for her mother who worked so hard to make this party amazing, for the little guests who were showered with bubbles to blow, marsh mellows to pop, lunch to scarf, playgrounds for recreation, and friends to hug! As you see these pics, perhaps one or two will solicit a familiar feeling for you---perhaps you'll go back in time to the little child you once were---to an era not yet marked with responsibility---to when the world was a wonderland.
























No comments: