Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Big Wendy Day

Today Wendy seemed to change so much! In the waiting room at Dr. Lin's office (my obgyn who I found out had a baby girl 2 mos. ago! WOAH!), we played the "I give it to you, you give it to me" game with a tissue, and the gals exclaimed, "she's so smart!" In the examining room, she learned to "close and shut" the drawer. She may not walk until some time after 15 mos. like me, a real slow poke, but at least she knows commands, and soon I'll be telling her to dry off our dishes! Ha ha. Then, at home, she climbed up a stair. Time to get a gate! Ah! While watching Baby Einstein, she waved as the girl waved on the TV, and she claps her hands now on command. So cute! She's also getting frightened much more easily. When I had to be weighed, she would not go to the nurse, and she GRIPPED my shirt, wrapped her legs around my waist, squeezing me hard, and clinged to me tenaciously! After Daddy got his head shaved this evening, she did not recognize him and cried when he went to pick her up! Most of all, I love that she wants to climb on me all the time, and be close to me, diving into my belly with her face. She's my doll.

No comments: