Monday, August 13, 2007

Our Texas Vacation (so far!)

I cannot figure out how to post the pictures from my camera to my dad's computer, so I've posted some that he took with his cam! We've had such a busy, fun-filled time already! We flew into San Antonio Thursday evening, and with 2 of our 4 suitcases (2 were lost), we rode with the Tannebergers to a Mexican restaurant (Yippee! We don't get a whole lot of good Tex Mex at home)to celebrate Tiffany's 23rd birthday! (Our gift to her was in one of the missing suitcases.) James got to catch up with friends, Tony and Don, and I got to dote on Juaqine (sp?), Don's son whose got the cutest dimple under the most darling smile! The next day, Tiffany asked me to be a bridesmaid and Wendy, the FLOWER GIRL! The three of us, "Mom Tanneberger," and 2 other bridesmaids, Marianne and Leslie, visited Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal, and Tiffany tried on gowns, all of which looked absolutely beautiful on her. We lunched at The Olive Garden, another restaurant I don't see in Vancouver or Portland. Wendy was great all day long. Saturday was Wendy's Great Grandma Tanneberger's 90th birthday bash at the Hermann Son's Hall! I was delighted to see Melanie and Jason, who are expecting their first baby, a boy, in 2 mos. She looks fantastic, and they are so excited, as they should be. I told them that becoming a parent is such a high, and the most joyous miracle! Wendy was a bit fussy possibly due to a lingering ear infection, or teething, or lack of naps, or over-stimulation. My folks had gotten in for the big bash, and just about every person was smitten with Wendy, especially "Little James," a Kosub like Chris, Tiffany's fiance. She sure bonded to him as well! Sunday we went to church and then ate pizza and mini cupcakes for Wendys FIRST 1st birthday party. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Wendy and to James, who turns 32 on the 19th. There was a balloon, a pink rose, a singing and dancing birthday bear, and lots for her to enjoy, but she was still...gulp..a bit fussy. She knows she's loved though! James flew back home last night, and I rode to Houston with my folks. Last night we gave Wendy a bath in the sink and ate salmon, and this afternoon, we picked up my dad, grandmother and her friend, Suzon, and ate lunch at Los Tios! Very fun. More pics to come!

No comments: