Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ribbon Tree


I made this, not long ago, for Wendy's Big-Girl Room. Her colors will be pink and green, as you can see. When I was a little girl growing up in Japan, my mom took me to a warehouse where they were selling Chinese rugs. She and I selected one for my room. It was in my room for 20 plus years. Never had been professionally cleaned. So, James took it to Ateah (sp?) Brothers, and we discovered that the flowers are a lovely vibrant pink and green, so we got bedding at IKEA, a toddler bed yet to be assembled, and will paint the walls green. The wall display will be a surprise. I'll post pictures of it when it's done.

1 comment:

smithosphere said...

I love the colors! I saw some crib bedding that I almost for for Autumn as a newborn that had similar colors. Great work on that tree!