Friday, January 15, 2010

New Post! Catching Up.

Some of y'all are curious to know how I'm doing. Well, it's like I got the job, I was hired, and that's a relief, but now the job begins, and I'm just kind of nervous about it and hope I do well! Taking care of Wendy by herself was one thing. And as she grew older and matured, motherhood became smashingly easy! She became my little side-kick, shopping buddy, dress-up doll! Now, all of the sudden, motherhood is challenging again! Challenging because of the newborn phase all over again. Challenging because when I'm nursing, my once easy Wendy is into something off limits, and won't listen when I tell her to stop it, or needs something and can't wait. Eeeeeee. Fatigue and hormones in the mix make these things seem really hairy, but all it takes to feel better is a fuzzy baby head nuzzling my neck, a little grunting/squeeking babe in my arms, making "baby shapes," as my friend Lisa calls it, or that fleeting smile. Another wonderful recess from daily stressors is when Wendy decides "today the answer is 'yes!' for kisses," and allows me to get all of her sugar without my having to wrestle her for it! These are payment for my services rendered. I'm paid in kisses and nuzzles. Loving it.
My folks left Friday morning, and I'm missing them terribly. I knew I'd feel that sinking feeling---and actually, I felt it about two days before they left. They are fun, spontaneous, and stimulating. I'm missing our nightly Scrabble games and daily lunches out at the Mongolian Grill! Most of all, I miss my mom's helping me deep into the night with "Camp Linc." She'd sleep on the twin mattress on the floor of Linc's nursery, change him upon his rousing and get me up to nurse him, and I'd sit in my glider and we two would doze in and out of middle-of-the-night conversations. Doing it without her is going to be lonely until Linc and I get into our own rhythm and it begins to feel like little Mommy and Linc "dates." That's what I envision in order to feel better about her being gone. WAAAAH! Growing pains. I still need my mommy, too. Here are some pics with captions. Lots of love out to our friends and family, and this little boy of ours will continue to be well documented, as his big sis is, so you can look forward to future photo sessions! I'll try to come up with good ideas!
So in love~~~This was my mom's bed jacket, and she looked forward to capturing some special moments, and you know, it's pretty comfortable! He's putting on weight! Woo HOO!
A new dress!
"Is it 'Take Your Son to Work Day?' I promise, I can be very serious."
Wendy trying her hand as a pastry chef! My bright-eyed beauty~
Linc's Very First Date---I tell ya, they start earlier and earlier. However, I think poor Linc is boring his crush...
Real men wear plaid.
Dr. Miller, Wendy's pediatrician, getting to know his new patient! At 2 weeks, 9.4 lbs!
Our dear friends, the Brousseaus.
A man-to-man moment.
First tub bath, I think.
I took this portrait of the glowing, Ellie, Linc's little friend, born 2 days before Linc!
Dr. Rosenblum holding the little guy she helped bring into this world!

3 comments:

Blogahon said...

Great pictures, Laurel.

It's hard, I know, but you will weather it, and then you'll miss it.

Nothing worth having comes easy, does it?!?!

I know.

Love ya, and thanks for the birthday wishes. I totally understand that you're not exactly available right now for long phone conversations :).

Blogahon said...

ps. love the birth announcement! Katie is so creative and the picture of Linc is precious!

Duelm Family said...

Laurel- you lok beautiful! And Linc and Wendy are both gorgeous!