Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ian is born!

On the 15th, James, Wendy and I went to the hospital in Portland to visit newborn Ian Eliot Lind, born the day before. He is a beautiful addition to a beautiful family. He's perfect. I believe he was 7 lbs 8 ozs. at birth. He has eye lids that remind me of Hayden's when she was itty bitty, and his own distinct yet perfect nose and a curly smile with what just might be little dimples or indentations at the corners of his mouth. I noticed this as he gave me a slight half-grin. He's adorable. Here are two pics I took!
Life is so amazing to me right now. I am awe-struck and so indescribably joyous over "The Miracle on the Hudson!" Thank you Lord Jesus for this awesome testament of your mercy and power to do the impossible!!! I will never forget this feat. This sheer, majestic triumph will never cease to fill me with wonder and thankfulness!~~~I am also so inspired by quotes that are filling my life at this time. I am impressed with Kate, of John and Kate Plus 8, as her allegiance and identity is bathed in the light of Jesus in her new book, which I am so thoroughly enjoying. She begins one chapter, the chapter in which she describes the start of her contractions at 28 weeks gestation with her sextuplets and the doctors' fears concerning certain prematurity with a scripture that moved me to tears:
Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us!
This is so true of all of our lives in Him!
Driving past Fishers Landing Elementary School near my house, I read up on the marquee, "Hope without action is futile." So true.
My mother inspires me too. Her way of saying things is so pure and so true and she truly adds so much to my way of thinking and loving.
Hurray for baby boy Ian, for the blessing of his new life, and for every good thing of our Lord! Amen!

No comments: