Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rather Lengthy Update~~~

A while ago, I was in the Mommy Dog House. I had told Wendy that the following school day would be their Halloween party and she'd go as a princess! The following morning, I checked the calendar, and, gulp, I was mistaken. I had two weeks until her party! So, that day was a boo-me day. This morning, however, was the day of the party! So, instead of ponytails and shorts, Wendy drove into school as a fairy tale princess at last! And as we walked in, with Linc taxied on my hip, I took Wendy's backpack from her after she declared, quite like a princess I might add, "Here's my backpack, Mommy. It's too heavy!" Ha ha. Her princess breakfast consisted of princess pink and peach yogurt with a purple spoon (what, you think she ought to have a silver spoon in her mouth?), a star-shaped peanut butter and honey sandwich, and cold milk.
Last night, she clicked on the Zhu Zhu Pet commercial, over and over again, on Youtube, and the series of four shots below prove that my daughter is freakishly enthused over Zhu Zhu!



Last Sunday, 4-6-ish, I took Wendy to A & M Church of Christ for their Trunk or Treat night! I got her Zhu-Zhu-ready, and off we went! On the way there, Wendy asked me, "Mommy, why do they say TRUNK or treat instead of TRICK or treat?" I had no clue. Once we got there, we figured it out. Each participating family had their trunk open holding bowls of candy and a game out in front for the kids to try out---usually some version of toss the bing bag. Wendy was delighted. She was more afraid of the dogs on leashes than of kids in spooky costumes. I had to keep my eye on the dogs and avoid them because girlfriend has a phobia and she can scream! As the late afternoon wore on, the sun did its Texas thang, and melted little masks and noses off of the little masqueraders.
I had to sit on the curb as my church heels were starting to take their toll, and I watched as Wendy and others waited to climb up into the bounce houses. From my angle, I thought, "Now, who is that tall child?" "With the hampster tail?"
~Starting to feel slightly more plugged in here. The change is that we actually run into Wendy's classmates! Here she is with Cameran, and Cameran and Wendy bumped into each other at the mall not long ago! She was at Kyla's birthday party, too, so Wendy and Cameran are becoming quite good friends.
A highlight was the face-painting, always a hit, and also, one family handed out TOYS instead of candy. Wendy scored a necklace and bracelet set.
There were so many creative costumes this night, and I took pics of Thing One and Thing Two, the Mad Hatter, etc, but below is one worth sharing on my blog for its "Awwwww" factor. Little Red Riding Hood tot-sized. CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This furry rascal amassed quite a bucket of goodies and she looks like the hampster that swallowed the Skittle!
Another super thrilling thing Wendy did lately was attend Kyla's birthday party at Mt. Aggie! I'd heard of the thing, but had never been and couldn't visualize skiing in College Station, Texas! In the car, Wendy would ask me, "Mommy, are we almost at MOUNTAIN AGGIE?!" Well, y'all, I am convinced that this is the place for kiddos to par-tay. Hey, how can you improve upon sledding down white astroturf hosed down with water?! How?! Anyway, the little girl below is Megna, a great pal of Wendy's, also a school friend.
Here is Kyla, getting ready to get with the present-opening!
And up the hill they go! It took some coaxing to get Wendy to try it the first time, but after that first swift descent, she was all over it! "Let's go AGAIN!"
Megna, Cameran and Wendy dragging their sled back up the mountain.
And DOWN they go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linc and I just reclined in the sun and watched the fun.
Now, forgive me for being all crazy on this post, you see, for days now I've had trouble posting pics, so I don't even really know how "in order" my events are, but oh well. So, we had a visit in Houston recently and here is my sweet older bro, Walker, holding his nephew. I think Linc might have his tree trunk thighs! He might be a soccer player, too! We'll see!
And, while there, I took Wendy and Hattie to the movies! As we walked in, all holding hands like a chain, sang to them the movie song from Annie, "Let's go to the movies! Let's go see the show-oh-oh!, Let's go see that grand illusion! All of it's yours! Right through these doors!" Here they are right before Alpha and Omega started...
Beforehand, we had time to kill, so we played video games!
And ate hotdogs. I promised them movie treats if they ate most of their hotdogs. You know, one hotdog would've been enough for the two of them to share. Live and learn. For the movie, we ate popcorn and candy. Those girls put it away!
As my brother, Sean, recently said, "I'm glad the girls are so close." Me, too. They're only 2 mos. apart afterall. Tea party at Mimi's.
And Mimi, like Grandma, always has quarters, and Wendy knows it, so of course, "Mimi! Can I ride the pig?!"
Wendy has her ways, always has, always will, and most of her ways put me in stitches. Take for example her insistence that she help me fold and put away the laundry. For the life of me, I wondered what had happened to some of my unmentionables. Well, I found 'em. Mom, sorry for photographing my unmentionables! Too funny not to share. Might regret it later. If I do, I'll take it off.

And, Linc has his quirks, too. He doesn't care for the real toys I've bought for him. No, they're too simple, too colorful, too annoying or something. His preference? My car cell charger. Like the one below. No, I mean, he crawls around the house with it in hand, dragging it behind him, for HOURS! His fist is tight about it and he won't give it up to anyone! If you try, he fusses! He knows to switch it from one hand to the other when I'm belting him into the van or dressing him! We took all of the small pieces off and out of it before letting him have it as his toy, and now, my $20 charger is another item I have to write in on my "To Shop For List." Since snapping this pic, other items have made their way into his realm of acceptance. Like the cumbersome hose of the vacuum. (I cleaned it before letting him have it and we never used it.) He clung to that ribbed monstrosity for so long, I had to let him have it in the van on the way to church the other night, and James opened the door for me and said to me, "Honey, we can't let him go to the nursery with that thing." He was right.
"What's that you say? Back off, I love my charger and that's that!"
Flashlights made the cut...
You know, I think I might make his birthday cake with chargers on top of it, and flashlights.
More hilarious things to share---
Wendisms--
She talks...and talks...and talks. The other evening, James called her a Rebel Without a Pause. So true. And, after either he or I put her to bed and complete the entire routine, she always, without fail, hollers after us to come back oh, about 3-10 more times for various and sundry requests. It's exhausting. Well, one evening, I told her that after I was done tee-teeing her, pj-ing her, socking her, brushing her teeth, reading her a story, praying with her, brushing her hair while sharing with her 20 pleasant thoughts to dream about, bringing her her half-full sippy of water and making sure her Pooh Bear and Pillow Pet were in the bed and the night light and bathroom light and fan were on, that I'd need to be left alone to rest so I could take her to the play area the next day. She hollered out for me immediately. I told her I can't keep coming back, that I have things to do, and she said, "But MOM! I have TWO things to tell you! TWO secrets! One is that I love you to the moon and back, and the other, well....it's not that important really." So, that was so stinking cute. Had to share.
Lincisms---he grabbed at James' hair the other night, and James, aware that his hair is going, said, "Yes, Lincoln, Daddy's hair is just like yours only there's less of it." Ha ha. So cute. And then, his big toe. Can I talk about that? In the pic below, James called it his kick stand. Ha!
Well, that's about all the updating I have, so until next time, take care!

No comments: