Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Meeting Celebrities and Going to the Urgent Care Clinic (Yup, quite the day!)

Well, Nicole, Wendy and I had an eventful day. We started our day with a stop at this amazing Candy House that sells baked goods and candies and has a ministry as well. The whole interior is covered with astonishing murals and, hanging from above are faux cookies, pies, candy canes, etc. I love the feeling of being a child again, as if I'm at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory or something! After that guilty trip (for sweets that I don't need), we returned to Caprial's Bistro (Monday it was closed) and MET Caprial and John of the TV show, "Caprial and John's Cooking for Family and Friends!" Nicole had seen the show, maybe 8 times, in San Antonio, TX, and had e-mailed me asking if we could go. "SURE!," I said. Sidenote: my next-door neighbor, Colleen, went to highschool with Caprial, whom they affectionately called "Cappy." After our scrumptious lunch of calamari pasta, burger, Sangrias and Lattes, I asked our waitress if Caprial and John were there. Her reply, "Caprial's at the bar, and John's covered in ground beef, but they'd love to meet you both!" So, John came up and was very friendly, and offered to hold Wendy in the shot we took! Then, Caprial came up and was very warm and remembers Colleen, so that was cool. UNfortunately, Wendy was fussy in the restaurant once again, so after checking out one antique shop, we drove to the urgent care clinic and got medicine for Wendy's ear infection, which wasn't bad but is just beginning. She'd been touching her ears a lot the past 3 days, but I'd figured it was due to her teething. She cut another bottom tooth three days ago. Next on the agenda is some home time for me and Wendy so that she may recover and not be confined to her carseat, and Nicole's gonna blaze her own trail (literally) at the Falls, and on Friday, she'll see the blown side of Mt. St. Helens. Things Nicole and I may do together before she flies home: Cafe Sip N' Play, Ikea, parks, etc. We've had a blast today, but Mama is whipped from wrestling with her as she was soooooo beside herself. She was like a large, writhing, twisting, fighting muscle in my arms all day long, arching and twisting in her stroller, in the highchair, you name it. Sigh, I'm glad to be home, with Daddy feeding her and loving on her, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding playing in the background while munching on pizza and mushroom snacks. Ah...

Woo Loo spending Mama's last breaths of energy...
Portland's flourishing hanging baskets.
Whipped cream soothed Wendy momentarily... Us with Caprial~the woman who made it big on TV and with her restaurant!
Wendy's FIRST CELEBRITY, John of "Caprial and John's" cooking show!
Nicole tried too, but did not have much luck calming an unhappy Woo Loo...
Twisting, inconsolable Baby Girl Tanneberger at the clinic fixin' to get examined by the doc.
The Candy House we visited before reaching Caprial's. I got a cookie, chocolates and various candies I grew up with and, gulp, still love.
My Sangria. Mmmmmmmm....
"WHY are we at another restaurant??!! I think I remember telling you I did NOT want to eat out again! I want to be at home with my toys and I'm just gonna start fussing...NOW!"
"Mmmmm..Fruity!"
"I'm gonna refuse to eat any meat, or bread, or fruit, I'm gonna eat this table."



4 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hoe she feels better soon!

Blogahon said...

I actually called an Oregon dermatologist I was so curious as to discovering what kind of a sea creature slug-thing bit Wendy yesterday and the nursey lady said with assurance that it had to have been a "sand flea". Well...what kind of FLEA has a gray gooshy sluggy body?? Hmmmm.....

Blogahon said...

This is MOM but for some reason when I post a remark it gets attributed to Sean's fam! ? So, anyhow, it was Mimi (me) who was so audacious as to call the Oregon dermatologist - not Stephanie! Ha!

Stephanie ansd Hattie are visiting with Christie and Luke today and Mimi is going to clean her house!

Nicole is going to have to show Wendy had to make-up BLUE eyes when she's older, huh?

Glad ya'll are having fun!

Love, Mom

Lindsay Newcomer said...

You girls are so adventurous! I love seeing pictures of Wendy- she is SO cute! Hope y'all are doing well.