Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tuesday With Aunt Nicki!


The view of the forest through our ride...


Haystack Rock (from the movie, The Goonies!)
Ah, life is good, and I am one happy baby girl!

Okay, I WAS one happy girl. Now, I'm ready to quit and go home. No, I don't even want a bit of Mama's gourmet chicken.
Today we drove out to Cannon Beach, and immediately ate lunch at Morris' Fireside Log Cabin---shrimp and tuna sandwiches and champagne! We shopped around a bit after that, and Nicole found a cute straw hat and shades for her upcoming cruise! We then walked along the sandy beach, and I dipped Wendy's diapered bottom in the water, but she fussed, so I removed her wet cold diaper and held her little bottom in my hand as her legs wrapped around my waist. Then, while strolling along, Nicole noticed Wendy's ankle was bleeding quite a bit! She said, "Laurel, something's got Wendy's ankle!" I looked down and saw a slimy booger thing that was creating a dribbling pool of blood on my baby! I swept it away, and Nicole, who got a better look at it, said it was slimy and grey. As we headed back to get an alcohol wipe, I felt a warm current spread a wide circle on my belly and down my waist. Yes, Wendy was tinkling in response to the nice, pleasant, cool breeze! We laughed and Nicole asked, "Why didn't you set her down right away?" I don't have an answer. We took her to the Information Center, and they said it might have been a bit of jelly fish, but Wendy hadn't reacted to the bite, so could it have been a leech, or do they not live in salt water? We washed it off with water and used their medicated ointment, but still wanted alcohol, and they did not have any. We poked into a store and I bouth a new T to replace my tinkle-saturated top. Then, we passed an RV and smart Nicole asked the owner for a first aid kit and he grabbed it and gave us the wipes! We wiped her ankle down, and she appeared to be fine. We drove around the town for a while and then dined at Newman @ 988, Italian and French quisine, however, by then, the Woo Loo-nator was not in the mood. I wrestled with her and tried everything, and then finally, we had to move our plates outside to the tables out in front, and it was chilly, but we still ate our chicken picatta and wine. Sigh, can't expect perfect behavior from babies all the time. Still, a fantastic day!

No comments: