Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wendy's Life

Wendy is 10 months old, and I'm busy planning her 1st birthday bash....
Ah, a fond memory of mine: I was a couple months pregnant, I had just moved across the country with my dear husband, and while he was diving in at his new job, I was in Lloyd Center Mall, in the Disney Store. The song they were playing was Baby Mine by Jim Brickman and Kassie Depaiva, The Disney Songbook. I was picking up the Winnie the Pooh stuffed characters, in pastel shades, touching their softness and thinking of how my baby boy or girl would soon have a Pooh room. As I loved on the characters that would someday delight my baby, I listened to an angelic voice singing, "Baby Mine, don't you cry. Baby Mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, Baby of Mine. Little One, when you play, don't you mind what they say. Let those eyes sparkle and shine, never to tear, Baby of Mine. If they knew all about you, they'd end up loving you too, all those same people who scold you, what they'd give for the right to hold you..." and I wept. Right there in the store. I wept. I cradled my tummy, and I knew then and there that I would love my baby like that. I was wrong. I love her more than that.
Wendy's birthday----a year of growing love between my daughter and me.

No comments: